Hello there, welcome back to my blog, me @danang_dann, along with new post today in the end of year December 2020. Wow, how does it seem to be likely? Any ideas to arrange your new plans on 2021?
Well, ain’t gonna share an article related to digital platform used for English competencies as the assistance for both students and teachers in 4.0 digital literacy.
This title actually brings me to be a webinar speaker on “Empowering English Skills (English as Foreign Language ; EFL) through Digital Platform” for English Education Depatrment students, State Islamic University of Salatiga. I really appreciate for this invitation representing as one of alumna State Islamic University of Salatiga.
The basic concept of introduction, appearing the question “Which do you communicate more in?”
Visual (You see what you mean)
Kinesthetic (It feels to you like….)
Auditory (You hear what they are saying)
Now, What is the digital platform?
- A digital platformis a technology-enabled model that creates value by facilitating exchanges between two or more interdependent groups. Most. commonly, platformsbring together end users and producers to transact with each other.
- The most important aspect of digital transformation isn’t really the technology itself, but the transformation of culture and practices itself. No exception for English learning process.
Digital platforms take a lot of different forms depending on the business model they employ and the specific purposes they seek to serve. Examples of successful digital platforms are:
- Social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn
- Knowledge platforms like Quora, and Yahoo! Answers
- Media sharing platforms like YouTube, Spotify, and Vimeo
Digital Platform —–> Digital Literacy
- Instead of knowing deeply about Digital Platform used for enhancing English capability, we ought to comprehend as well the term of Digital Literacy.
- Digital literacyrefers to an individual’s ability to find, evaluate, and compose clear information through writing and other media on various digital platforms. Digital literacy is evaluated by an individual’s grammar, composition, typing skills and ability to produce text, images, audio and designs using technology.
What is Digital Platform for English?
- How far does digital platform impact to English skill?
- How to apply those to improve our English skill?
- What are the benefits?
- Tips & tricks to apply digital platform on daily life
Digital Platform + English
- Using Whatsapp Online Course Group
- Zoom Online Class to have a virtual classroom
- Android Apps such us TOEFL Learners, IELTS Prep, Duolingo, etc
- Mobile games with English instruction
- English Podcast, eg : Effortless English by AJ Hoge
- Channel to Learn English on Youtube eg : English with Lucy
- Learn English with TV series, identify the lyrics
Recommended Website to Test Your English
What is the tips & tricks to apply those application in our daily practice?
- Make English as your priority awareness
- Practice, speak up, write up
- Make a note or list some new vocabularies
- Repeat on schedule
- Review your weakness & strength
By having the opportunity to interact using technology within their language program, they will intuitively develop skills in reading, writing, speaking and listening- all needed to develop proficiency and confidence in the English language.
I believe most of you can’t get rid of your phone or laptop in daily life, so that it is essential and highly recommended to use your phone or laptop as the tool to which English can be learnt and practiced in a simple way.
Best regards, @danang_dann